How To Freshen Your Carpeting The Homemade Way
Green cleaning is becoming a big thing these days. Green cleaning refers to cleaning with products that are non-toxic and safe to use around your entire family and your pets. There are several ways to clean your home with green cleaning products, including your carpeting. You can freshen your carpeting and get rid of smells from your pets, and just from everyday wear using a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard. See below for instructions on how to freshen your carpeting the homemade way.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oil (in your favorite scent)
- Sprinkle Jar (you can use a mason jar with holes in the lid, or purchase a jar with holes already in the lid)
- Fill your jar with your baking soda and then add about 10 drops of your favorite essential oil scent in the baking soda. Be sure the essential oil is mixed well with the baking soda.
- Sprinkle the mixture onto your carpeting, wherever you want to freshen your carpet. You can add it in closets, your dog's favorite sleeping spot or high-traffic areas.
- Allow the mixture to blend into your carpeting and soak up any of the bad odors. Leave it on your carpet for at least an hour.
- Vacuum up all of the mixture with your vacuum cleaner and enjoy your fresh scented carpeting.
Baking soda is known to soak up bad odors, which is why so many people use it in their refrigerators and freezers. It's a non-toxic and green way to clean. It can be used for cleaning a number of things and for eating odors all over your home. Use it with vinegar to get stains out of your carpeting, including urine stains. Use it to clean your entire kitchen and even to clean your toilet.
Essential oils can be found at most larger stores and at herbal stores. Essential oils can be used for a number of things, not just for cleaning. The scent you use for freshening your home depends on your personal preference. Peppermint and cinnamon will give you spicy scents, while lavender is a very calming scent, best used in living rooms and bedrooms. Lemon and orange scents give you a fresh citrus smell and are great to use in your kitchen. You can mix and mingle scents to give you something a little different, such as using peppermint and eucalyptus, or lemon and rosemary.
Sprinkle these ingredients on your carpeting and enjoy your fresh scented carpeting. Your entire home will smell great after using this green cleaning method.
For more information, or if you would like professional assistance, contact Front Range Steamway Inc. or a similar company.